MTK Global wrap up their final two “Golden Contract” tournaments today.
Today at 2 pm ET streaming live on ESPN+ for those in the U.S. and airing on Sky Sports Arena in the U.K. (7 pm UK time), MTK Global finish up their trio of Golden Contract tournaments with the final matchups in the 126- and 175-pound fields.
In the featherweight final, which will also be the main event, Ryan Walsh meets Jazza Dickens in what should be a well-matched affair. The 34-year-old Walsh has made an argument for himself as a top 10 featherweight in the world, which granted has happened in part because the division has lost a lot of names in the last year, but he’s on a strong run, going 5-0-1 in his last six.
Dickens, 29, has won seven straight since moving up in weight in 2018, following back-to-back losses to Guillermo Rigondeaux and Thomas Patrick Ward.
How to Watch Dubois vs Joyce
Date: Saturday, Nov. 28 | Start Time: 2:00 pm ET
Location: Production Park Studios – South Kirby, Yorkshire, England
TV: Sky Sports Arena (UK) | Stream: ESPN+ (US)
In the light heavyweight final, we’ll see Latvia’s Ricards Bolotniks, who is really a surprise finalist, taking on Serge Michel. This one could have some fireworks, could be a fun fight. The 30-year-old Bolontiks and the 32-year-old Michel, from Russia and now fighting out of Germany, both really do have a good bit to gain here. Bolotniks especially came into the tournament a virtual unknown, and this would be a really big win for him.
The show will also feature Daniel Egbunike and Harlem Eubank meeting in a 10-round junior welterweight fight, which could be seen as a step up for both men and a chance to legitimize themselves on the domestic scene at 140 pounds.
We’ll be here with live, fight-by-fight updates and some conversation on a Wednesday afternoon as we begin fully winding down the year in boxing, though not without a lot of good stuff to come for the remainder of December.
Full Card (ESPN+, 2:00 pm ET)
- Ryan Walsh (26-2-2, 12 KO) vs Jazza Dickens (29-3, 11 KO), featherweights, 10 rounds
- Ricards Bolotniks (17-5-1, 7 KO) vs Serge Michel (11-1, 8 KO), light heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Daniel Egbunike (6-0, 3 KO) vs Harlem Eubank (10-0, 3 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds
- Adam Azim (debut) vs Ed Harrison (2-4, 0 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
- James McGivern (1-0, 0 KO) vs Jordan Ellison (11-30-2, 1 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
- Fearghus Quinn (1-0, 0 KO) vs Scott James (6-6-1, 0 KO), middleweights, 6 rounds
Source: Boxing – Bad Left Hook