Paper Talk: Liverpool, Everton target LaLiga winger with £71m exit clause; West Ham offered Real Madrid striker
Liverpool and Everton are both ready to bid for an exciting LaLiga winger, while West Ham have been offered a Real Madrid attacker in January – all in Tuesday’s Paper Talk.
LIVERPOOL, EVERTON TARGET VILLARREAL WINGER
Everton and Liverpool are reportedly willing to bid for Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze.
Real Madrid, Manchester United, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves are also said to be in the mix.
The 21-year-old is widely regarded as one of LaLiga’s most promising young players, although he is still considered relatively raw for his age.
Chukwueze has scored just once so far this season, adding three assists in 12 appearances.
But that does not appear to have put off his suitors, with the Merseyside duo both looking to strengthen their attacking options in 2021.
Chukwueze’s game revolves around around beating players with his pace and directness. He has been likened to former Chelsea attacker Arjen Robben in that regard.
The youngster has been at Villarreal since November 2018 and is still contracted until 2023.
That puts the LaLiga side in a strong negotiating position if any bids do come in for the player.
The report adds that any interested suitors will be immediately referred to his large release clause, if they do want to try their luck.
HAMMERS OFFERED REAL STAR
Real Madrid star Mariano Diaz has been offered to West Ham on a loan deal in January with an option to buy. (The Sun)
Barcelona presidential favourite Victor Font has told Manchester City to forget about signing Lionel Messi in the new year. (The Sun)
Arsenal target Yusuf Yazici and his club Lille want a lucrative transfer for the midfielder hailed by Mesut Ozil as “amazing”, his agent claims. (The Sun)
Arsenal have reportedly restarted talks over a new contract for young Gunner Folarin Balogun. (The Sun)
Wayne Rooney admits he nearly left Manchester United for Chelsea during his time at Old Trafford. (The Sun)
Southampton are ready to go back in for Brandon Williams in January. (The Sun)
DEENEY JUMPS TO OZIL DEFENCE
Troy Deeney has blasted Arsenal over their treatment of Mesut Ozil and insisted the midfielder “hasn’t done anything wrong”. (Daily Mirror)
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Dean Henderson he has to earn the right to dislodge Manchester United No 1 David de Gea. (Daily Mirror)
Concussion substitutions could be trialled in the FA Cup third round. (Daily Mirror)
Only two Premier League clubs – Brighton and Southampton, which will remain under Tier 1 covid restrictions after the lockdown ends on December 2 – will be allowed to let in the maximum 4,000 fans. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United’s preparations for their Champions League clash with Istanbul Basaksehir have been boosted after Paul Pogba took part in first-team training on Monday. (Daily Mirror)
AND THE REST FROM PAPER TALK
Manchester City have come up with a 10-year plan to maximise the potential benefits of signing Lionel Messi. (The Times)
Birmingham City have signed former Barcelona and AC Milan midfielder Alen Halilovic on a free transfer. (Daily Mail)
Premier League clubs could reject the chance to welcome fans back into their grounds next week due to concerns over cost and the absence of a roadmap towards full capacity crowds. (Daily Mail)
West Bromwich Albion have held talks with an American consortium over a potential £150m takeover. (Daily Telegraph)
Steven Gerrard wants Rangers to put their foot to the floor and get the better of Benfica – insisting early Europa League qualification could propel their push for Premiership glory. (Daily Record)
Christopher Jullien is pushing for a Celtic comeback in Prague on Thursday night. (Scottish Sun)
Source: Football – TeamTalk