SwimSwam’s daily swimming workout series is a collection of workouts written by coaches from a variety of backgrounds. All daily swimming workouts have been written using Commit Swimming. The workouts themselves are not indicative of SwimSwam’s or Commit’s views on training. They strictly reflect the opinions of the author swim coach.
- Purpose: Base building
- Target age group: 9-12 years old
- Target level: Age Group (Intermediate), Age Group (Advanced)
- Weeks until target meet: < 1 week
- Team Location: United States
- Course: 25 Yards
- Shared workout link: Click here to view this workout on commitswimming.com
1×300 @ 4:30, 50 FR/25 scull
3×100 @ 1:50, 50 FL kwb, 50 FR drill: sharkfin
3×50 @ 1:00 FL single arm/FR alsb
2×25 @ :30 surf drill
4×25 @ :30, BK, 7+ uwdk to fast BO
6×25 @ :30 FL arms FR legs, work on FL recovery.
8×25 @ :30, odds FL fast, evens FL kick on back in streamline.
4×25 @ :45 front scull w/chest pulse
3×75 @ 1:30 FL/BK/BK, desc 1-3, work on turns.
1×50 @ 1:00 FL AO
1×25 @ :30 smooth FR
Source: Swimming – SwimSwam